#HBsmoothiesAugust 17, 2014 8:49 pm
It’s all about freezing your smoothie staples! I keep bananas, kale and spinach in my freezer at all times. I also love to freeze Waiola coconut water in my ice cube trays instead of using regular ice cubes. In my vitamix, I combine all of these frozen ingredients and a cup of almond milk. I top it with Qi’a chia, buckwheat + hemp cereal. An #HBsmoothie is a great pick me up and has nutrients that should be consumed daily.
Try this pina colada #HBsmoothie as the perfect end of summer energizer.
GREEN PINA COLADA HBsmoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 handful of frozen kale
- 1 handful of frozen spinach
- 1 handful of fresh pineapple
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 packet of Aloha ‘Daily Good’
- Frozen Waoila coconut water ice cubes
- Health Warrior white chia seeds
- Shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- Combine the banana, kale, spinach, pineapple, almond milk, protein powder, Aloha packet and ice cubes in your vitamix or blender.
- Top with chia seeds and shredded coconut (and maybe a tropical umbrella??)