ECO-CHIC: OUR FAVORITE NYC BRANDSApril 22, 2015 5:59 am
At HBFit, being green is a priority. We eat locally, recycle, go paperless and bike or walk to work. Each of these is a small step, but collectively they can make a big difference in our footprint. In honor of Earth Day, we looked to our favorite eco-conscious businesses based in New York City making serious strides in the world of sustainability:
- Habana Outpost: This eco-eatery was actually New York’s first solar powered restaurant. As a seasonal restaurant, Habana Outpost is a springtime hotspot for fresh Mexican Food and delicious Margaritas!
- Roberta’s Garden: Everyone’s favorite Italian spot has added another reason to love it: they grow their own vegetables and herbs out of a garden in the neighborhood. Stay tuned for listings of what is in season as well as tasting tour dates!
- John Masters Organic Hair: John Masters said it best himself on his site: “Caring about yourself and caring about the earth don’t have to be mutually exclusive.” Thankfully, with products like his, we can enjoy luxury beauty products free of chemicals and synthetics that are harmful to both the planet and us.
- Shen Beauty: Organic Beauty Buffs rejoice-we have found the mecca! This sweet spa and boutique is located in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn and provides everything from vegetable brow tints to JINsoon Nail Polish.
- ORGANIC by John Patrick: John Patrick was way ahead of the eco-trend that has exploded over the last decade when he started questioning the feasibility of a sustainable fashion line in the 90s. His label, ORGANIC by John Patrick was his answer to this question: all aspects of the business are environmentally friendly, from his material sourcing to his labor practices.
What eco-friendly brands do you love? Tell us in the comments!