Antoni Porowski, the food expert on Netflix’s new reboot of Queer Eye, stopped by Hannah’s kitchen to cook up some healthy farro salad.
Farro Meal-Prep Bowl
– 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into strips or cubes
– cooked farro
– fresh cilantro, chopped
– juice and zest of 1 lemon
– browned almonds, coarsly chopped
– 2 sweet potatoes, cubed and roasted
– 1 lemon, zested and juiced
– olive oil
– Apple cider vinegar
– Maldon salt
– kosher salt
– 2 bay leaves
– chili powder
– Greek yoghurt
- On a medium- hot nonstick pan lubed with olive oil and butter, place two salt-seasoned chicken breasts (let them sit out of fridge for 30 minutes so they cook all the way through). After 7-10 minutes, flip to other side until fully cooked through. Once chicken is removed from pan, add a bit of water and lemon juice/its zest to deglaze the pan. This will serve as a sauce to flavor the farro.
- Using a 10-minute bag of Trader Joe’s farro, follow instructions, adding apple cider vinegar and 2 bay leaves and kosher salt. Cook until there is still a bite to the grain but no crunch. Drain and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 400F, and on a baking sheet, disperse cubed sweet potatoes. Toss liberally with olive oil, then add chili powder and salt. Roast for 15 minutes, then mix so they brown on all sides. Depending on oven power, this should take 20-30 minutes. Once ready, let cool.
- Heat a medium pan wth olive oil and brown almonds until dark brown. Really try to get them to that “just before they’re black” state. Season with salt to taste.
- In a bowl, combine farro, chicken, sweet potatoes, chopped cilantro, and finally the pan juices. Depending on desires consistency, add olive oil and season w salt. Plate the dish and top with a heap of Greek yoghurt. Feel feee to add chunks of avocado.