Happy 2018 beauties! While 2017 is going to be hard to top, I’m ready to kick some butt this year. You with me?
I’m not usually one for making “resolutions” – I feel like they’re a let down waiting to happen, however, I do think it’s important to set goals for yourself and always be striving for a happier, healthier lifestyle. Nothing’s wrong with that.
Aside from the obvious health resolutions/goals/general life habits that we should all be following – drink more water, stick to your workout regimen, wash your face at the end of the day – one thing we tend to forget about is our nails. If you know anything about me, you know that I’m big on my manis and I have the same healthy mentality with my nails as I do with most other things in my life. So, if you’re looking to make all around healthier choices this year, don’t leave out your nails.
Here are my tips for keeping your nails strong, healthy and beautiful:
- Use products that work to strengthen your nails. OPI has a new GelColor ProHealth Base Coat & Top Coat formula that will actually improve the strength of your natural nails and easily soaks off in just 7 minutes…which brings me to my next tip.
- DO NOT, WHATEVER YOU DO, PEEL YOUR GEL OR NAIL POLISH OFF. Not only is it so bad for your nails and will cause permanent damage, but it’s a nasty habit you need to break asap.
- Vet your salon. Always ask your nail tech what products they use and what the process is. Make sure they are products you’ve heard of or can quickly Google to be sure they’re safe.
- Don’t ever let a nail tech use a drill or electric file on your nails. Drills lead to damage and damage leads to sad, unhealthy nails.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize – it’s a huge part of keeping your nails and nail beds healthy and beautiful. I love OPI’s ProSpa Nail & Cuticle Oil To-Go because I can keep it in my bag and apply it for an instant nail pick-me-up.
What healthy nail or beauty tips do you have? Tweet me!