Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancakes for Thanksgiving BreakfastNovember 23, 2016 8:52 am
We know how difficult it can be to stay focused on being healthy during the holiday season, especially on Thanksgiving. We love protein pancakes as a yummy brunch alternative here at HBFIT and we have a special fall recipe lined up for you. Start the day on the right foot with these for breakfast, they’re vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, and full of muscle building protein. They are a delicious solution to your mom’s cinnamon buns (although we can never turn down a good cinnamon bun) and will have you ready to tackle the turkey.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- ⅓ cup plant-based protein powder. We used Perfect Fit’s Pumpkin Spice, which we are OBSESSED with here at HBFIT!
- ⅓ cup almond meal
- ⅓ cup nondairy milk
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup water or nondairy yogurt
- 2 chia eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or ½ tablespoon ground vanilla bean powder
- Any spices you like! We used cinnamon and cardamom.
- Touch of stevia or any natural sweetener
- Mix all the ingredients together into a smooth batter
- Heat a nonstick pan to medium heat and spray with cooking spray
- Add the batter onto the pan in small circles, flipping each pancake over when the edges start to look dry
- Once they’re ready, add any finishing touches you like and enjoy!