Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, which is a perfect excuse to revamp your date-night beauty routine. We enlisted the help of dating experts Greta Tufvesson and Nikki Lewis from The Bevy, New York’s most exclusive Matchmaking service. Their advice? Set your first-date beauty routine in stone ahead of time to eliminate any extra anxiety or stress that comes with meeting that special someone for the first time!
We are all about the saying “look good, feel good, do good”. It feels good to look good, and there’s no shame in doing what you need to do to feel good! Putting that extra umph into your usual routine can give you that boost of confidence that makes you glow from the inside out.
- Splurge on a blow out. Why? Why not. A Blowout is an easy way to elevate your everyday look. And blowout bars are scattered like Starbucks these days – the small bite in your wallet is worth it. Don’t go for a do that’s overly dramatic, just something that makes you look polished. You’ll feel better and it will show — trust us.
- Don’t stress about a dramatic makeup look – minimal, natural makeup is a safe bet. It’s a good idea to exfoliate the night before so you can have a clean slate for the day of – we recommend chemical exfoliants (see: Glossier Solution, Pixi Glow Tonic, and First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads). Keep your lip neutral (nothing worse than lipstick on your teeth!), eyes subtle, and don’t forget to add a little bronzer or blush to give yourself that healthy glow.
- Do you have a signature fragrance yet? This is the perfect opportunity for you to invest in a scent that makes you feel your best. It’s great to alternate between one for winter and one for summer. There’s nothing sexier than a man who recognizes your scent…if you don’t have one he can’t tell you much he loves the way you smell!
- Make sure your nails look clean and neat. If you go for a mani, red or neutral colors are always winners.
- If you don’t have time to head home post work/pre date, bring your toothbrush, some deodorant, and a mist with you so you can feel minty fresh in your mouth and have that dewy skin that sets your ‘no makeup-makeup’. A quick refresh can go a long way to making you feel your best.
You’re ready to go!