The chilly weather has us craving soups over salad, but we crafted up this hearty and warm fall pumpkin salad to appease the salad lover in you. Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed!
What you’ll need:
1 c. Lentils of your choice (we used french, but beluga lentils would give your salad amazing color!)
3 c. pumpkin or squash, cubed
4-5 sprigs of fresh thyme
Salt + Pepper
1.5 c. cherry tomatos, halved
5-7 radishes, sliced or shredded
1/2 c. finely chopped red onion.
3 c. kale, finely chopped
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tbsp. soy sauce or coconut aminos
2 tbsp. olive oil
How to make:
1. Add 3 cups water in a medium saucepan and bring to boil. When the water is boiling, add the lentils and cook as package directs.
2. Place pumpkin on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and thyme.
3. Place the baking tray in a cold oven and roast for 20 minutes at 400F, or until pumpkin is soft.
4. Transfer the remaining salad ingredients into a big bowl.
5. Let lentils and pumpkin cool slightly before transferring to the salad.
6. To make dressing: mix olive oil, soy sauce/ coconut aminos, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
7. Enjoy this big bowl of delicious fall goodness!